2020-2021 FUNDRAISING PLAN
As part of our Strategic Plan the Board of Key City Gymnastics (KCGC) committed to the creation of a Fund Development plan that outlines Sponsorship/Fundraising/Granting programs, policies, and opportunities. The 2020/2021 Fundraising Plan is outlined below. The Board welcomes discussion, feedback, and ideas. Please email email@example.com with any questions, comments and/or concerns.
As a result of the impacts of the COVID 19 Pandemic and its impacts to operations of KCGC – this plan has been modified and may require changes throughout the season to adhere to changing policies and procedures. Please consider this document as a guide for the season *****
WHY DO WE FUNDRAISE?
Dollars raised through fundraisers:
• Leverages dollars for Grants
• Supports the Key City Gymnastics Community Fund (with the Community Foundation of the Kootenay Rockies)
• Assists with the purchase of new equipment
• Enables improved coach training/certification opportunities
• Offsets the operational costs not covered by registrations
• Enriches programming offered
• Training and educational material for athletes
• Support our recognition program for athlete achievements
WHAT IS THIS YEARS GOAL?
This year the Fund Development (FD) Committee hopes to raise $20,000 to go towards Gym Operations. (Last year’s target was $40,000). This includes some equipment replacement but likely will be directed to the increased costs associated with operating. i.e. – added cleaning protocols, limited capacity classes, increase administration, etc.
WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES THIS YEAR?
• The likely cancelation of the Key City Classic, generally our largest fundraiser of the year, will impact the dollars available to operate. (This is approximately $30,000 of fundraised money)
• CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP – generally parent volunteers approach businesses for support. As a direct result of the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic we have decided to significantly scale back our Corporate Sponsorship program. It is anticipated that this revenue source will be significantly reduced this year.
• Health and safety of athletes/coaches/volunteers. The FD Committee has tried to establish a Fundraising Plan that will allow for individuals to not have to participate in “door/door” sales but rather will allow for limited contact sales and promotion. This reduced canvasing of the community may impact sales significantly
• The allocation of fundraised dollars to Fundraising ACCOUNTS is challenging. As a direct result of the significant reduction in mandatory fundraised dollars by the COMPETITIVE ATHLETES and the re-allocation of budgeted dollars resulting from unforeseeable costs associated with the COVID-19 pandemic – we recognize the difficulty in allocated funds into previously developed fundraising accounts. Limiting the effectiveness and availability of much needed dollars to operate the facility.
WHAT ARE THIS YEARS FUNDRAISERS?
Participation in this fundraiser is mandatory for ALL COMPETITIVE Athletes.
This fundraiser is also open to the entire gym membership.
1. 50/50 Raffle – January-May
Participation in the following fundraisers are not mandatory.
These are open to the entire membership of KCGC.
Any level of participation in these fundraisers will help KCGC continue to operate.
2. Yummy Treats/Cookie Dough – November
3. FundScrip – November
4. Holiday Apparel Order – November-December
5. Merchandise on the Registration Portal – Ongoing
6. Landmark – Focus campaign with ongoing availability
7. Mabels Labels – Ongoing, select our gym when ordering
8. Kernels Popcorn – February
9. SEEDS – Willow Creek – April
HOW ARE FUNDS ALLOCATED WITHIN THE GYM?
This is the 2nd year of a 5-year Fundraising Program. As part of the Program a new account system was created to help our membership understand where their fundraising efforts went within the Gym. Feedback from the first year of the program indicated that there was some confusion associated with these accounts and the allocation of fundraised dollars. The FD Committee and the Board of KCGC would like to reach out to parents to create a FUNDRAISING FOCUS GROUP. This focus group will assist the FD Committee with establishing a clearer accounts system for fundraised dollars. As a direct result of this required work and due to the limited opportunities available for fundraising at this time we have decided to ‘suspend for this year’ the previous account system inclusive of CAFA accounts. All funds raise this year will be allocated to a general fundraising account to be used for gym operations as deemed appropriate by the executive director and the KCGC Board. All CAFA athlete accounts will remain in trust pending recommendations coming forward from the focus group.
WHAT ARE CORPORATE SPONSORSHIPS?
The gym relies heavily on the support of the local business community for much of our event programming and some operations. Our committees have been working hard to grow this program. We are very proud of the local business support and all the hard work of our parents who helped to acquire these sponsorships. Sponsorships run throughout the entire year and are highlighted at events, within the gym and on all our social media. With the anticipated cancellation of many EVENTS this year we are challenged to promote sponsors to previous levels. Please reach out to the office or the Fund Development Committee if you have ideas on how to grow this program or of businesses that should be approached.
DO WE APPLY FOR GRANTS?
There is a small, dedicated group of staff and parents who work to access the various grants available to our organization for training, equipment, and gym operations. Please let us know if you are interested in assisting with this or if you are aware of any grants that could potentially be accessed.