KEY CITY GYMNASTICS CLUB
GYMNASTICS INSTRUCTOR AND CAMP LEADER
Key City Gymnastics Club is currently seeking an enthusiastic, energized coach and leader to join our Summer team.
We will be running half and full day summer camps, once a week classes, week-long classes, birthday parties, drop-in classes, pre-competitive and competitive summer training.
This is a full-time position, 35 hours/week. It begins on Monday, July 4, 2022 and will continue for 8 weeks with the potential of extended summer hours and continued employment at Key City Gymnastics Club.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting in the planning and delivery of gymnastics and camp programs
- Delivery of coaching; supervision of equipment and supplies to be used per program; and liaising with parents daily
- Program Leaders are responsible for the planning of the daily camps/classes, securing supplies needed, booking guest speakers and field trips
- Ensuring the safety of the children in their care
- Assist with basic customer service office duties
- Assist with summer social media postings
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions
Candidates will be Required to:
- Available to work 35 hours per week, all 8 weeks within the period of July 4, 2022 – August 28, 2022.
- Available to work flexible shifts (morning, afternoon, and some weekends)
- Must be available to work at Key City Gymnastics community events
- Must be versatile and work in any program with any age group as scheduled
- Minimum NCCP level 1 and experience coaching gymnastics classes (Active Start or Fundamental)
- All completed coaching requirements including Criminal Record Check (18 years and older), Respect in Sport and Making Ethical Decisions
- High energy, organized, safety-conscious and reliable (while still being fun!)
- Creative, enthusiastic, and engaged leader
- Passion for physical literacy, well-being, and development of children
- Ability to communicate well with fellow staff, parents, and children
- Experience working at previous camps
- Experience with class management & behavior management skills
- First Aid Certification
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Office experience including some administrative duties, answering phones,
Canada Summer Jobs:
This is a Canada Summer Jobs employment opportunity.
Canada Summer Jobs is part of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, and helps youth, particularly those facing barriers, to gain the skills and experience they need to successfully transition to the labor market.
The program strives to give young Canadians between the ages of 15 and 30 paid work opportunities so that they can grow professionally and improve their skills in the not-for-profit, small business and public sectors.
Key City Gymnastics Club is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We invite applicants to self-identify as being part of groups which are underrepresented or who have additional barriers to the labor market within cover letters and/or resumes.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, resume and any supporting documents and/or certificates to:
Key City Gymnastics Club