Key City Gymnastics is a parent operated, not-for-profit society. Our purpose is to provide the community with recreational and competitive gymnastic programs. At Key City Gymnastics we consider gymnastics the ultimate foundation for all sports. Gymnastics helps develop body awareness, strength, flexibility, balance, and co-ordination, just to name a few. Key City Gymnastics believes in enhancing confidence, physical and mental development, and providing an overall great experience.
Our aim is to help children develop their self-confidence through mental and physical development. Each child’s participation is very important, and we want them to feel good about themselves and their involvement. We offer a wide range of programs and class options at Key City Gymnastics so there is a place for everyone in the sport. We will do our best to develop each child to his or her full potential in their chosen program!
To offer inclusive gymnastics and related programs to the community of Cranbrook and region.
That Key City Gymnastics Club is a community/regional leader in the delivery of inclusive gymnastics and related programming that is a family focused, fun and safe environment to pursue lifelong participation in sport; regardless of age, ability, ethnicity, gender, religion, income or sexual orientation.
To foster affordable gymnastics and related programs that build athletes sport foundations of body awareness, strength, flexibility, balance, coordination, confidence, and overall physical and mental development.
Our programming costs and access to the facility are attainable for those people of limited means.
We conduct our activities at the highest possible standards and authority.
We ensure a concentrated effort to developing a sense of belonging to larger support group.
We encourage a positive experience for athletes, coaches, and parents.
We focus on a complete approach to the overall health and well-being of all athletes, coaches, and parents.
We ensure that we are open to everyone.
We are forward thinkers open to finding a better way to continuously improve.
We are recognized as the primary provider within the region/community of gymnastics and related programming.
We conduct ourselves (staff, coaches, athletes, board, and parents) in a manner that upholds the highest ethical standards.
Code of Conduct
- All programming adheres to coaching certificate/training standards.
- Promote ongoing staff training, judge, and coach development.
- Focus on physical and mental wellbeing of athletes promoting healthy active lifestyles. Encouraging lifelong sport and activity.
- Provide accessible year-round inclusive programming.
- Focus on physical literacy, fundamental movement, and development.
- Foster participation regardless of abilities and financial means.
- We follow the foundational delivery structure for programing as outlined by our Provincial and Federal sport organizations.
Sound Business Management
- Adhere to Fiscal Management practices.
- Creation of a Fund Development plan that outlines Sponsorship/Fundraising/Granting opportunities.
- Promote partnerships with local business/schools/sports organizations.
- Development management plans to mitigate organizational risk.
- Ongoing development of marketing and communications plans.
- Annual review and updates to our policies and procedures and operations plans.
- Facility/Equipment maintenance/replacement plan.
- Employment and Community Economic Impact Analysis.
- Committed to internal and external communications with parents, athletes, staff, coaches, and board.
- Development of Task Forces to assist in ongoing strategic development.
- Establishment volunteer recruitment network.
- Youth mentorship and training development.
- Career development.
- Ease of access/efficiency.